Time to Celebrate National Homeownership Month
National Homeownership Month offers home builders and HBAs an opportunity to direct public and media attention to the many benefits of homeownership, and NAHB offers numerous free resources to help you do just that. A good place to start is by perusing the online promotional toolkit for members and affiliated HBAs, located at www.nahb.org/homeownershipmonth.
This kit has customizable resources that highlight some of the advantages of pursuing homeownership today, including excellent affordability, historically low mortgage rates, and the good selection of quality new homes for sale. Check out their Guide to Celebrating National Homeownership Month for ideas about how to engage the media, city and county officials, local home buyers and other members of the community in celebrating homeownership. Other resources include:
- Materials to help you use NAHB’s 2012 National Homeownership Poll data to raise awareness of homeownership and pro-housing policies.
- Downloadable consumer brochures and fliers on the advantages of buying a home.
- “Homeownership Works,” a flier on the importance of home building to the economy (note: this can be downloaded and printed locally or ordered with your HBA logo for a small cost).
- A guide to using social media to promote National Homeownership Month.
- Talking points, radio spot scripts and website banner ads.
- Articles on topics of interest to current and potential home owners.
NAHB encourages its members and HBAs to use these customizable resources in June - and throughout the year - to call attention to the benefits of homeownership for families, communities and local economies. For more information, please contact Gwyn Donohue at (800-368-5242 x8447).
Choose From More Than 400 House Designs and House Plans We offer house designs in a wide range of styles and sizes. Some of our more popular house designs include European-inspired Georgian and Palladian homes, English Manor house plans, Tuscan-style Italian villas, French chateaux, and Colonial house plans. Our Tuscan-style villas range from 1800 sf to 13,600 sf. Our Newport Classics house designs are gentrified New England-style cottages that range from 1500 to 5000 square feet. Our starter castles, mansions and estate homes are designed in the grand tradition of some of the most impressive homes in the world. Please feel free to search our house designs or browse our photo gallery to get a sense of the many styles and types of house designs we offer. Our plans have been built around the globe, from Canada to Dubai, and one plan could be just for you!
- Tags: House Plan Trends
- Joanne Loftus