Luxury Summit 2012 | Survey of Affluence & Wealth in America
- 432 Upper Middle Class (discretionary income between $100,000-$150,000)
- 446 Core Affluent ($150,000-$450,000 discretionary income) and the
- One Percenters ($450,000 and above.)
- Sixty-five percent of those interviewed said they are saving now because they are worried about the future.
- Eighty percent of those surveyed said they would spend more if they knew what the future would hold.
- Worth-oriented shoppers have a median household range of $475,000 vs. deal-oriented are in the $225,000 range;
- Worth-oriented shoppers also have been wealthier longer than deal-oriented shoppers. Forty-five percent of the worth-oriented have been wealthy for 15 years or longer, whereas only 32% have been wealthy for that amount of time
- Joanne Loftus